Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

It's Kind of a Big Deal...

So this whole "Google Reader (maybe Google Friend Connect?) going away" thing is a much bigger deal than I thought. 
It's kind of a big deal!

The only way to keep following all of your favorite blogs is to use another reader.
May I suggest one?!
My favorite is Bloglovin!

I've been using it for more than a year and find it user-friendly and super clean/organized.
Like Google Reader, there is a picture by the title of each post--which is great for the visual people!
They are also SUPER helpful and making the transition from Google Reader to Bloglovin simple.
Once you get signed up, the home page has all kinds of links to help you as you move:


I'm sure there are other great readers out there that offer similar features, but Bloglovin is my favorite!
Tori from Tori's Teacher Tips has a step-by-step tutorial on how to make the switch, so head on over {here} and show her some love! 

A few of the reasons I have enjoyed using Bloglovin:
1. Categorize the blogs that you follow (teaching, family, faith, etc.)
2. "Like" your favorite blog posts--essentially bookmarking the post so you can find it later!
3. Clean and uncluttered (aesthetically pleasing!)
It's also FREE!!

Before I realized how big of a deal this Google Reader deal was, I was getting all set up to celebrate 100+ followers! It's kind of confusing, now, with the Google Reader friends + Bloglovin followers. 
So I'm just going to go off of the Bloglovin' numbers for a big giveaway--soon, friends, soon!
It will be really great and I am so excited for the giveaway!!! 
:)


To follow my blog through Bloglovin, I've tried to make it as easy as possible. There is a button on the sidebar that will take you right to the site, but you can also click below!


My home page looks like this and includes all of my latest posts!


Anyways, I just wanted you to know that this is kind of big! 
I've moved all of the blogs that I follow over to Bloglovin' so that I can keep up with you guys and all that is happening in your classrooms!

To whomever might be reading this:
THANK YOU!! Thank you so much to all of my faithful readers! I am incredibly blessed by this community and have learned SO MUCH from all of you. I am continually humbled and amazed at the way the Lord has knit together a community of teachers. Please don't forget to make the big move because I would love to stay connected to you all! Thanks again, teacher friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover