Pages

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Graduation, Asia, Job?!

My, oh my. It has been awful quiet around here for the past few months! My intention was not to disappear completely (oops!), but I did take a step back as I was finishing up graduate school. I wanted to not only finish, but finish well. The entire season was by God's grace and for His glory!


Graduating was very, very bittersweet. I earned both my undergrad and Master's at Baylor, and I am so thankful for my time here and the people who have invested in me, challenged me, and loved me well! We celebrated at a local BBQ joint and I am just so grateful. (P.S. Fiesta Bowl, anyone?! #sicem)


Since then, I've been enjoying some much needed time with my family! My sister returned from a semester abroad and my mom celebrated a birthday! I so enjoyed celebrating her. We saw the Trans-Siberian Orchestra...who turned out to not really be very orchestra-like. However, I did learn how to whip my hair back and forth like an 80's rock star, and I've been enjoying some holiday treats!


Now that I'm done with full time grad school, life as I've known it is changing. I have this funny little spring semester and God was really sweet and provided me an opportunity to teach abroad. So, I'm moving to Southeast Asia* for a couple of months and I'll be teaching English and doing some curriculum work for a group of elementary schools! After Thailand, I will be back in Texas to job search for the 2014-2015 school year. YES!! I am pumped. Beyond excited, actually.
:)

As for Little Miss Primary and the blogosphere, I'm back and oh so excited! A big thank you to those of you who have hung in there and supported me. I am grateful for you! 

This post is more for my own purpose, simply because I want to be sure and document some of the big changes that are happening in my world. Just typing these words makes me so so excited for 2014. It's going to be a big year, teacher friends! 

*Does anyone have helpful teacher hints for teaching English in a foreign country? Maybe something learned from experience? I'd love to hear! Please, please!! Leave a comment below or share your thoughts on {Instagram}. 

Thanks, again, for sticking with me. Please leave any helpful tips below!
Happy Sunday and enjoy your break!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover