Pages

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Hip Hip Hooray! It's (oops--no longer) Friday!

For the first time in a long long time, I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching to share five things from my week! 


This past weekend, a dream of mine came true!! I played with, pet, and rode an Asian elephant! Y'all, they are soooooooooo cute!!!!! Look at her little smile!



Much of my after school time was spent exploring my new city, and I stumbled upon an antique store that my kitchen-loving heart ADORES. I've been there a couple of times now (all this week! :)) and cannot wait to make a souvenir purchase. My hesitation is the lack of room in my suitcase!



For math club this week, we played Boggle with numbers! The kiddos loved it! Math club has members from the first, second, and third grade classes, so I found number boggle to be a marvelous way to differentiate. After we had worked whole group with a boggle board that contained only digits one through five, we moved up to ten, continuing to work as a group. There were students jumping out of their seat, kneeling at my feet, and doing the "please-call-on-me-don't-you-see-my-hand-waving-frantically?!" dance! We ended club with one last board that students worked on individually. 

Number Boggle for the win! 
Pictured below are the individual Boggle boards. Hopefully you can see it! 


Some of my friends told me about a dialect quiz published by the NY times, so I took {this} quiz and it was hilarious! My results were spot on. I'm a Southern girl, through and through. If you have a couple of free minutes, this quiz is definitely worth your time! 


And, the REALLY big news from this week is that I am almost finished with job applications! Employment 2014, here I come (hopefully!!)!
:)


Any helpful hints for resume writing, interviewing, and the like?!? All help is very much appreciated.
:)

Have a happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover